It’s the start of a new year and so why not have a go at doing a little stitching everyday? Or if that sounds overwhelming, do what I do and stitch a week’s worth each Sunday!
This tracker fabric includes a small square for every day of the year for you to fill in as you please. During 2023 I used it to track the daily maximum and minimum temperatures in my home town of Liverpool and it is absolutely fascinating! But not only that, having a small project that I can pick up and put down as I wish, and watching it grow for a full year, has been a brilliant, mindful and relaxing experience. There are so many different things that you could track: weather patterns, moods, habits, activities, health or medical observations (I rather like the idea of a menopause symptoms tracker!)
The fabric has been designed to fit in a 12″ embroidery hoop (those little squares add up to a big circle!) and the fabric itself is a lovely lightweight organic cotton calico. The calico has been bleached with organic dyes to give a lovely soft white finish, perfect to make those thread colours stand out!
There are three options available:
- Option 1 – Fabric only – Simply the tracker fabric and a stitching guide.
- Option 2 – Basic kit – The tracker fabric, a piece of white cotton (to double up the fabric), a 12″ Elbesee embroidery hoop and 2 project cards (to store your threads)
- Option 3 – Full kit – The basic kit plus: 16 full skeins of DMC stranded cotton, three needles, white felt to finish off the back and a tote bag to use as a project bag to keep it safe and clean all year. – Not available as part of this pre-order. Check out my blog post for the colours that I used for my 2023 Temperature hoop.
All of the options also include an invitation to an online workshop on January 16th (8pm to 10pm GMT) to help you get started with your hoop!
If you like the idea of this fabric, why not check out my Lined Paper Fabric too?! It’s perfect for capturing quotes, handwriting, thoughts and reminders!
Fabric certification –
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 (11-49375)
- GOTS Certified Fabric
- OEKO-TEX Eco Passport Certified Ink (NEP 1612)
- ECOCERT GOTS Certified Ink